Saturday, June 15, 2013

"Safe to Eat" Cookie Dough

Lately I have been really craving raw chocolate chip cookie dough. I didn't want to eat the raw eggs though. I never do, but most times the desire for cookie dough wins over the fear of e. coli or salmonella. I am more than willing to risk my health for cookie dough.

Today was different. Different because I did not want to get the get the Kitchen Aid out of the cabinet, nor did I want to make a whole batch of cookie dough. I didn't want to bake the cookies, and I definitely did not want to eat all of that cookie dough. My problem was quickly solved though thanks to an old pinterest sighting though. The Internet has countless recipes for eggless cookie dough made simply for eating. This is the recipe I used:

-3/4 cup of brown sugar
-1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
-1/4 cup of milk
-1 cup of flour
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
-Chocolate chips to your hearts content
Beat the butter and the sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and milk. Add remaining ingredients.

The recipe says to use an electric mixer, but I used a wooden spoon. It worked lovely.

At first taste I was impressed. It tastes fine-different but good. Tim is not yet home to try it, but I am sure he will like it. He loves sweets, and I had mentioned wanting cookie dough earlier in the week to which he was quite hopeful.

All in all If I was to make this again I would cut the recipe in half. It made more than I want to eat myself, or that I want Tim and I to eat together. The measurements are not super easy to half, but I am a big believer that recipes are just guidelines-not rules.


No comments:

Post a Comment